Monday, June 11, 2007

Weekends

Aren't you glad weekends were invented? I sure am.

We all use our weekends for a variety of things, whether for catching up on personal activities we didn't have time for during the work week, hanging out with friends and family, travel, shopping, running errands, working on the fix-it list around home, church activities, or just relaxing.

I'm glad that we have two days each week in which to do things other than our Monday through Friday work. I've been trying to get into the habit of taking one day off a week and not doing any work at all. With a new business starting up, that's going to be a challenge to maintain, I'm certain, but I believe it's so worth it to have one day into which no work enters.

Now we're back to another work week, and I'm glad of that too. I love weekends and what they bring, but I also like to work. I believe work is not only good for us, but it's necessary for our mental and physical well-being. I'm grateful to have work to do. I've been on the other side and while it sounds pretty great when we're overworked and overstressed, when it's prolonged it leads to mental and emotional deterioration, at least for me.

So here's to a new week. Have a great one!

No comments: