Wednesday, April 11, 2007

When Candor is Funny

Last night my husband and I went to Macaroni Grill for supper and afterwards experienced some funny candid communication from another person in the parking lot.

We walked back to our Honda Element and as we were getting in we noticed a piece of paper under the windshield wipers on the passenger side. Tim pulled it out and burst into laughter and passed it to me. This is what we saw:
Someone parked nearby had taken the time to grab a piece of notepaper and draw a trophy for us, designating us 1st place for having the ugliest car in the parking lot. :)

Now that's funny! We both had a great laugh and I knew right away that this would make a super post on my blog.

Here's the thing. This is a great piece of candid communication! There's no way I can misunderstand their message, and the bonus is that they expressed it in funny terms.

Here's a new goal for myself: express myself with both candor and humor.

Enjoy your day, and smile!

No comments: