Friday, April 6, 2007

Good Friday

Thanks to those of you who commented yesterday. It was great to read what you consider worth giving your life to, and I appreciate the interaction.

So today is Good Friday, and if you're a person of faith as I am, that has significance as the day we remember that the son of God was crucified in order to remove our sins and give us a chance at eternal life. Many people from my youth have traditionally been somber on this day, but I prefer to adopt a different attitude--one of excitement--because what happened on that day 2,000 years ago was just the beginning of a great transformation.

I think this attitude is possible because it's really just looking at the different side of the coin...a simple change in perspective.

That leads me to this thought: you know those times when something is really bugging you? Maybe it's a job situation, or some pissy person in your day. Whatever it is, what if we choose to "flip the coin" in our minds and see the situation or person in a different way?

It might look the same (some situations and people look the same from almost every perspective), but there is a very good possibility it will look very different. And that different perspective might just provide the solution we've been looking for.

So today I say...let's celebrate. The crying and sadness were finished years ago. I'm going to flip the coin and let today be one of happiness.

Happy Easter!

No comments: