Thursday, April 5, 2007

Thursday's Thought

I read somewhere recently that we all give our lives to something--a career, sports, artistic pursuits, family--whatever it is, we all choose to give everything we have to something.

The thought that follows from that is this: we should make sure that what we choose to give our lives to is worth it in the long run. A short term focus will really get us into trouble and, at the end of our lives, leave us feeling as though we've wasted our time.

The author of that first statement went on to share his idea of the most valuable thing to give your life to: service to others.

I'd love to hear your idea of the best thing to give your life to. Just click the "Comments" link below and share. It doesn't have to be long, just a short phrase will do.

Thanks! See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I give my life to work and all that are involved there, which in turn comes back to bite me many times. Actually I need to give myself to God more often.

BR said...

You have succeeded in life if you have helped the ones you love, mature and grow to the point where they are in control of their own lives.