Monday, July 16, 2007

Reunions

Summer is the time for reunions, isn't it? My mother's side of the family just had their annual reunion in Minnesota (which I was unable to attend), and today I attended a reunion with a few of my classmates from the photography workshop I attended in Breckenridge back in May.

Five of us got together at one of the photographer's homes and had a great time comparing notes on what we've been doing/not doing with photography and marketing since our class. It was interesting to see that some of the people were really on a roll and some (including me) had yet to really apply some of the knowledge we gained from that week.

That made me think about how often I get excited about something which I'm sure will work really well, but then I let the busy-ness of life get in the way. I'm working really hard to change that in both my personal and professional lives, and today was a good measuring stick for me. I still have a long way to go, even though I have made some good strides.

The best thing (to me, anyway) is that we can change. I'm looking forward to the upcoming changes. Happy Monday!

No comments: